Monday, February 15, 2016

It Is Perfect!

     Well, today is President's Day and I an happy to say that I am fortunate enough to have the day off.  And I have been rather lazy today.  Chillin' around the house with Gracie and chatting with some people online, listening to some music and basically doing nothing and it felt good.  I have enjoyed this three day weekend. 
     I worked liked a crazy person on Saturday to get prepared for the Art Show on Jekyll Island on Sunday; that was my own fault for letting things go for so long.  But, I managed to get a good bit done and I enjoyed the Show on Sunday.  It was great seeing so many familiar faces, "my snow birds" from all over the country, I truly look forward to seeing you all every year.  Even though I only get to see you and talk with you once or twice a year, be assured I don't forget you.  It also gives me a chance to catch with my Audubon friends, since it is also the weekend of the Great Backyard Bird Count.  I also love this show because it kicks off the Art Show and Festival Season and I get to catch up with my friends who also do the shows.  I always love catching up with them after a few months and see what kind of great and creative ideas they have come up with over the off season.
     I have to admit there were some difficult times, trying to keep smiling and being positive as people asked about Don.  Again, I haven't seen them, there is no way they could know.  Overall, I think I did well, thanks to the steady flow of people and not being able to dwell on his absence.  Although, my dear, sweet and talented friend Judi Marshall got to me.  Judi is one of my besties.  We met years ago doing a show in downtown Brunswick and we have been doing many, many shows together since then, often we are side by side on St. Simons Island.  She is a very talented potter and quite the amazing little lady.  She is a Godly woman who plays guitar in church, teaches pottery, goes on mission trips to Honduras, she has biked across the country, raised two sons....the list goes on.  I love her deeply, as did Don.  She was always so special to him and he was special to her.  When Don passed and I decided to opt for cremation, I couldn't decide and still can't determine where to bury or spread his ashes and I know some people consider it morbid, but until I decide they are here at the house with me.  For now I find comfort in that, I'm sure in time I will come to a conclusion.  In the meantime, I wanted an urn for his ashes.  I could think of no one else I would want to take this to task other than Judi.  Everything she does is original, one of a kind...just like Don.  I had asked Judi to make an urn for me, she happily accepted.  She gave me the urn on Sunday.  It is beautiful, blue with a gold Sheriff's Badge on the front, the lid has the Smokey Bear Hat on it.  All of it has been handcrafted out of clay.  It is amazing!  It made me cry, not so much out of sadness, but out of joy that she created something so perfect and captured Don's personality so perfectly.  I think he would highly approve.  Again, Thank You Judi!  You are the Best my friend!  I love you!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment