Friday, January 1, 2016

Getting To Know Each Other

     Hi my name is Debbie.  First of all Happy New Year!  As you can tell from my profile, I have a job and I love it, I have a passion for photography and capturing the Beauty that Surrounds Us, I love the Georgia Coast, I love my poor old blue Chevy Pick Up Truck and I love exploring the dirt roads.
     I have my Family, I am Blessed to still have my Mom and Dad here on Earth with me and living close by me here in coastal Georgia.  I have a brother and his two beautiful daughters living in Pennsylvania, which is where I moved from 24 years ago.
     I have my furbabies, Susie aka Fat Susie is the oldest at about 15/16 years old.  She is Lhasa Apso/Terrier Mix, a small dog, (well she is suppose to be small), she was starving when we met and she hasn't missed a meal since.  Sam, he is a man of the house.  A soft little furry kitty cat that wouldn't harm a fly and then...there is Gracie.  She is the baby at 4/5 years old.  She is a Poodle and she knows she is too cute and that her place should be on your lap and your job is to rub her belly all day long!  They are all Rescues.  I use to think I rescued them, but lately I am realizing, they are rescuing me.
     I have extended Family, many Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, In-Laws near and far.
     I have my TRIDENT Refit Facility Family, more specifically my Shop 31 Work Family.  And I don't care what any one says, we are a true family, sometimes a dysfunctional family but a family nonetheless...we don't always get along, we don't always even like each other sometimes and that is OK, that is normal.  But when it comes to someone in need, they are there.  At least they have been there for me, on numerous occasions.  They have always stepped up to the plate and helped pick me up when I am down.  I don't know how I would have gotten by the last few years without them.
     I have my Festival Family, this is the eclectic and talented group and people who stand with me rain or shine, wind, cold and blistering heat to share our passion, the fruits of our labor with the public.  You should never underestimate this group of Treasures.  The support and love they have shown me in the short time I have known them is overwhelming.  Many have suffered tragedies of their own, they all work hard at what they do and they all have an unbelievable compassion for others. 
     Then there is my Social Media Family, My Facebook Family.  This is where many of my Families overlap and it is wonderful.  As silly as it sounds, it is amazing how much you can be a part of someone's life that you may have never met, or rarely see.  In some cases the impact is huge.  You can follow their travels, their happiness and joy, their trials and tribulations.  I can speak from experience, just knowing someone out there is thinking of you, praying for you, offering words of encouragement, taking time from their day to let you know that you matter; can make all the difference in the world.  To know that someone met you on FB and was so impacted by the pain or hardship you are going through, that they feel the need to take time from their busy schedule to look you up in person, to give you a hug of reassurance, a smile, a kind word and to let you know that you are not alone...it is very powerful and positive.
     What I don't have is My Don:  My husband, My Other Half, My White Knight, My Life Partner, My Friend.  You see, I lost Don on December 3, 2015 after open heart bypass surgery, they lost him in the recovery room.  To say my world has flipped upside down is an understatement.  This is a topic I am sure I will be re-addressing in future posts.

I have always liked to write and with the New Year starting, I thought maybe it would be good therapy to write about my feelings, focus on the good times we had, things that I am grateful for, figure out where I am headed in the future, trying to remain positive and to share this Journey into 2016...a new chapter begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment